This post was inspired by a friend who just purchased her very first Nutribullet and asked for some smoothie recipes. So proud of her! Not only that, but it also inspired me to great the infographic below as a guide to making the perfect smoothie each and every time.
Smoothies are a personal favourite of mine for many reasons, I’ll list them for you below in the hopes that you make them a part of your daily rituals as well:
1. They’re an awesome way of sneaking in veggies into your diet without even tasting them. I would never eat as many leafy greens as I do, if it wasn’t for my (almost) daily smoothie.
2. They pre-digest the harsh fibres of dark leafy greens for you that could otherwise cause digestive discomfort if eaten raw.
3. They can replace a complete meal if all 4 macronutrients are added.
4. They are an excellent addition to any meal due to their high amounts of vitamins, minerals, fibre, protein, phytonutrients, antioxidants and fibres.
5. Pour your green smoothie into a mason jar and take it to work with you.
6. Kids love smoothies!!!
7. You’ll get tons of sustained energy to start your day (so much better than coffee!!!)
My Morning Go-To Green Smoothie
Most of the time, I love keeping my smoothie straight forward and simple. Once things get too complicated and ingredients are too abundant, I stop doing it (sound familiar?). So without further ado, here is my favourite smoothie recipe.
Drink your smoothie right away, ideally before a meal to allow for better absorption of the nutrients. Switch up your greens and fruits throughout the week, because there is such a thing as having too much of a good thing by consuming the same foods every day.
Mix & Match Your Own Smoothie
I put superfoods in brackets (see graphic) as they are not an essential part of your smoothie. If you are however trying to add more of them into your diet, smoothies are a perfect way of doing it. Some of my favourite superfoods are:
Hope this was helpful!
In health & happiness,
Natalie McCrae R.H.N.
I transform women's body's by teaching them to eat balanced meals so that they can quickly lose weight, without giving up 🍫 & 🍷