So, I’ve had a few of you reach out to me saying that you are fearful of the upcoming holiday season. I hear ya! Cookies, chocolate, eggnog and dinner parties everywhere – it’s the season of never ending temptations.
You know what? In my opinion, you should completely forget about weight loss during this time and just focus on MAINTENANCE. That’s right, maintenance through balance. Because let’s be honest, is this a time of the year when you want to be super strict and feel deprived? I didn’t think so!
To be clear, maintenance does not equal eating every treat you encounter over the next month, it simply means balance. The trick is to not carry an indulgence over to the next day, week and month. Consume everything in moderation.
Which brings me to my first point:
1. Treat each meal as its own in space and time. Just because you overdid it at one meal by having all the wine, dessert and mashed potatoes, doesn’t mean you have failed and will now have to continue down that path. Events are there to enjoy them. Make that your priority, don’t feel guilty. Tomorrow is another day and you can get back on track them. Remember that you’re in it for the marathon, not the sprint!
2. Balance your blood sugar! The big one for any time of the year. Eat a balanced breakfast, lunch and dinner. What does that mean? Make sure you are always eating a protein, healthy fats and fiber with every meal to balance your blood sugar and control your cravings.
3. Plan ahead. Think about your menu for the whole day. Do you have a big holiday dinner coming up and you know you’re going to have the mashed potatoes, the pie and red wine? Then consider cutting down the number of carbs you consume during the rest of the day to not only balance your meals, but your day as well.
4. Don’t drink your calories. One cup of eggnog with alcohol has more than 400 calories – the equivalent of a regular lunch or dinner. Enough said.
5. Never sit down to a holiday meal starving. Munch on a few almonds before. Their high fiber and healthy fat content will help control your cravings when you’re filling your dinner plate with food and help make wiser decisions.
6. Fill up on veggies! I know, I know, I’m sorry. I had to add them because they are always our best friend, no matter the situation. Try roasting them to make them extra delicious and let me know if you want some recipes for this J
7. Keep moving! I know, we’re all busy, especially during the holidays. That’s why you have to MAKE TIME to move. Schedule your movement into your calendar and if need be, say ‘no’ to an event because you already have plans.
Enjoy now and focus on weight loss again when the party is over! Which brings me to my big announcement: MY BLACK FRIDAY SALE STARTS TODAY!!!
The Metabolic Reset System will never be this cheap again, not even in January! So take advantage of the sale now, focus on it later.
As always, if you have any questions at all, be it weight loss related or about the Metabolic Reset System, please don't hesitate to reach out by hitting reply!
Natalie McCrae R.H.N.
I transform women's body's by teaching them to eat balanced meals so that they can quickly lose weight, without giving up 🍫 & 🍷